Saturday, May 16, 2015

Becca 'The One Perfecting Brush' - A Great Multi-Use Brush


So lately I have been having a bit of a love affair with my new Becca 'The One Perfecting Brush' and the main reason is that it has seriously cut down on my makeup application time.

I mainly purchased this brush because I am a bit of a sucker for hype over certain products and this brush was something that I had my eye on for a very long time. Now that I have had it for a couple of months I am definitely in love with it and have been favouring it over most of my other makeup brushes when getting ready in the morning.

The One Perfecting Brush is meant to be used for virtually all makeup products from liquids to creams to powders. It is made of non-porous goat hair which is meant to allow the product to sit on top of the bristles rather than being absorbed by them, therefore saving a lot of wastage on your makeup products and allowing for a more seamless application.

What I love the most about this brush is how soft the bristles are and how easy they make blending products onto the skin. The shape is really convenient too and allows you to get into all of the crevices on the face with ease while also allowing for more precise application on a specific area if needed.

I did notice a fair bit of fallout from this brush the first few times I used it but that wasn't really anything that bothered me too much and is usually expected when using a new brush for the first time anyway.

I also love the fact that it comes with detailed instructions on the multiple ways it can be used on the face which I have shown below.


I initially tried using this brush for everything as suggested, such as applying foundation, powder, contouring, blush and highlighting but found it a bit tricky to get into some of my smaller compacts for some of my contouring and highlighting powders because it is quite a large brush.

I found that I definitely love using it for applying my foundation as due to its size it literally covers my whole face in just a few sweeps. I also love using it for blending out my blush and for contouring as the long shape means it gives great definition to the cheekbones. I still prefer to use a smaller brush to apply highlighter and concealer though so it hasn't replaced everything as far as I am concerned.

Also, because some of the compacts or palettes I have are a bit small I find that using a blush brush to initially get the product out and first apply to the skin and then using the One Perfecting brush to blend the product out is the easiest way to go.

Have you used The One Perfecting Brush or another similar multi-use brush before and liked it? Or do you prefer to use a brush made for a specific task?

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Michelle XX

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...