Sunday, May 19, 2013

I'm Back With A New Lip Gloss Love! Maybelline Colour Sensational High Shine Lip Gloss in Gleaming Grenadine

Hi Everyone! Again, I am so sorry for my long absence but things just got so hectic in my life that it was an unfortunate necessity.

After I posted to say I was still alive last week I must have jinxed myself because our little man decided to bring home a mild case of viral meningitis that he was lovely enough to pass onto his father and I.  So, after spending a day in the hospital last Friday with my husband on a drip and strong pain meds, then vomiting and being in pain from head to toe myself for three days straight, as well as having to beg my parents to come around to pack up our kitchen for us because it was being replaced this week and neither hubby or I could barely stand up and then also having to beg the other grandparents to look after the little man (who got over his virus quicker than you could blink!) because we just didn't have the physical ability to, I can honestly say with total gusto that this was the week from hell.

Life seems to be slowing down a bit again now and we are all on the mend so hopefully I can get back to blogging and start to get through the HUGE backlog I have got going on now.

Anyway, back to what I wanted to tell you about today which is this new lip gloss that I have been getting a lot of wear out of (pre-virus of course). The Maybelline Colour Sensational High Shine Lip Gloss in Gleaming Grenadine.


I received this gloss in the March 'Her Fashion Box' and was excited straight away because I have had a few Maybelline lip glosses in the past which have always performed well.


The Maybelline Colour Sensational High Shine Lip Gloss is a wax free formula that guarantees an ultra-clear shine and a luminous lip. It is infused with honey nectar and has superior colour saturation to give a luscious smooth feel.

The shade I received, Gleaming Grenadine, is a bright pink which almost borders on looking red. It applies quite sheer at first but can be built up to give a really nice, bright colour on the lips if you so wish. It's a super shiny lip gloss but isn't too sticky or gluggy which I like.

I've been wearing this gloss a lot lately as it's such a wearable shade that instantly brightens the face without going overboard. The gloss is nice and smooth to apply and has a fruity kind of scent and taste which isn't too overpowering in my opinion.


The one little problem I seem to have is that it can sometimes settle in the lip lines, especially if I am lazy and apply it to dry lips. I usually try to remember to apply it over a lip balm and this generally gets rid of this problem.


Has anyone else tried one of these glosses yet?

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Michelle xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...