Sunday, November 4, 2012

October Empties

October was a bit of a mixed month for me. I kind of let myself go a little as I was super stressed to the max about my last CPA exam (which means I am now done people, DONE! As long as a pass that is....) and the fact that I picked up two new clients for my personal business which was great in one way but just very bad timing in another. Trying to do exam study around my regular part time job, minding our 20 month old and then trying to fit in my other work from home was a nightmare and I was not in a good place for most of the month.

Needless to say i am very grateful that the month of October is behind me now and look forward to getting back to living stress free again. That means more social time, more time with my little man and my hubby and more time to concentrate on this blog, Yay!

Anyway, enough rambling for one day. Here's what I managed to get through during the month of October:


1) Morrissey Body Balm - If there's one thing in my household that doesn't last long it's body moisturiser. This one had a lovely citrus scent and was a nice enough moisturiser but just not thick enough for my liking. It's probably a good summer moisturiser when you don't want anything too greasy or thick.

2) Kerastase Nectar Thermique - I've somehow manged to acquire a ridiculous amount of these sachets over the past year due to the monthly sample boxes and am very slowly getting through them all. This one was great to add to the ends of my hair after washing and seemed to stop a lot of my usual frizz from forming. I can't comment of how it works with heat styling as I haven't heat styled my hair in weeks!

3) A.S.A.P. Sheer Tint Moisturiser - This is another product that I have acquired a zillion samples of and am almost at the end of using them up. I really like this tinter moisturiser and the fact it has an SPF 15 in it as well.

4) Guinot Biological Peeling Radiance Gel - I received this as part of a sampler pack from Adore Beauty once and really have no idea what it's effect on my skin was. I think it's supposed to work as a  gentle exfoliating gel but I didn't really notice any difference after use so definitely won't be looking at purchasing it again.

5) Dove Invisible Dry Roll-on - Dove make some of the best deodorants and this one was no exception. I loved the fact I could wear dark colours with this one and get no white marks at all.

6) Evo The Great Hydrator Moisture Mask - I loved this hair mask. It worked wonders for my hair and the smell is just divine. One thing I just don't get is why Evo use these absolutely awful sample containers that make it damn near impossible to get their product out. It's so frustrating!!

7) Marc Jacobs Lola Eau De Parfum sample - This is a lovely perfume that was one I liked to wear during the day for work as it's not too overpowering. I'm looking at possibly buying a full size of this one or the Oh Lola one as the bottles are just so pretty too!

8) Puretopia Hand Cream - Another product I seem to go through like there's not tomorrow is hand cream. I have one in almost every room of the house as well as all my bags. This one was a definite favourite and I'm a little disappointed that it's now finished but can't justify buying it again yet as I have too many others to get through first. It will be mine again one day though!

9) Biolage Smoothing Shampoo - I was not a fan of this shampoo at all. It made my scalp itch like crazy and will not be something I will try again.

10) Aum Gentle Facial Foam Cleanser  - This was a nice gentle cleanser but I just didn't feel like my face was fully clean after use. It also had the weirdest consistency, kind of like runny snot or the white of an egg when it's not cooked enough. Just odd.

11) Garnier Miracle Skin Protector - I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with this product. I love the way it goes on my skin and makes my face look almost flawless (on good skin days) without me needing to resort to foundation but I just can't stand the smell. It's just a scent that doesn't agree with me at all. If it came in an unscented version I'd buy a truck load!

So, that was me for the month of October.

Hope everyone has had a lovely week!

Michelle xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...