Monday, November 19, 2012

My First Gingerbread House

Yesterday I participated in a Gingerbread House making class with a couple of friends that a local community organisation in my area runs every year before Christmas.

I'd seriously been looking forward to this class all year after seeing the creation that my friend did last year when she went.

Here is what I managed to pull together in just over an hour and a half:
 

The class is only $30 and you get the pre-cut gingerbread pieces supplied plus a bag full of icing as well as a container completely full of every lolly imaginable to let your creative side run wild. They even sprinkle the whole thing with icing sugar when you're done which makes it just look awesome and then wrap it up all nice and pretty.




I haven't had so much fun in ages and I was really surprised at how easy it is to actually create something like this. I can't wait to do it again next year.

I have no idea what I'll do with this one now though. I don't eat gingerbread so it may be up to my husband and toddler to polish it off I think as I'm not too sure it will stay very fresh if we wait to use it as a centrepiece on Christmas day.

What do you think? I must admit that I'm quite proud of my creation being that it's my first ever attempt.

Michelle xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...