Monday, October 1, 2012

Red Lipstick Love

A couple of weeks ago I attempted to participate in the Fox In Flats Red Lipstick Dare (#redlipstickdarefoxinflats) where you were challenged to wear red lipstick for 7 days straight. I admit that I only made it for 5 days out of the 7 days but it was still so much fun and really made me want to step up my appearance all week just to carry off red lips all day.

Here are some photos from my attempt at the Red Lipstick Dare:

Day 1: - This day I was just getting over the flu from hell and was doing my best to stay standing and get ready for work let alone wear a bright red lipstick! Here I decided to wear my Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Plump Perfect Lipstick in Perfect Scarlett as it stays on forever and doesn't need much touching up. Perfect for a day where I was going to be blowing my nose and all together feeling sorry for myself at work all day long.



Day 2: This day was my working from home day and I was starting to feel a little better so I went for my Revlon Lip Butter in Cherry Tart as it's great for dry, flu-ravaged lips.


Day 3: Back to work today and feeling much better. I decided to wear my new Savoir Faire Lipgloss in Fierce this day as it's super bright and an all together lovely gloss.

Day 4: Housework day! My husband also works from home on Thursdays and thought I was insane for vacumming and doing the washing with bright red lips. This day I was wearing my Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in True Red which is my favourite red lipstick of all time.

Day 5: Hubby and I went to Cirque Du Soliel and I felt all fancy wearing my Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick in Really Red. The show was absolutely awesome by the way and I highly recommend anyone to see it if you ever get the chance!

From Left to Right: Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Plump Perfect Lipstick in Perfect Scarlett, Revlon Lip Butter in Cherry Tart, Savoir Faire Lipgloss in Fierce, Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in True Red, Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick in Really Red, Innoxa Lip Liner in Ruby Red.

From Left to Right: Innoxa Lip Liner in Ruby Red, Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Plump Perfect Lipstick in Perfect Scarlett, Revlon Lip Butter in Cherry Tart, Savoir Faire Lipgloss in Fierce, Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in True Red, Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick in Really Red.

One discovery I made was that a good red lip liner under your red lipstick is the key to less touch-ups and a good consistent colour. I have a lot of fine lines around my lips so a lip liner is critical for me otherwise a lot of lipsticks will bleed on my lips. 

So that was my Red Lipstick Dare journey. It was definitely a load if fun and took me out of my comfort zone a few times (especially when answering the door to our regular delivery guy with super red lips!) I've now discovered a new found love for this lip colour that I used to only save for very special occasions and dinners out and will definitely be trying to incorporate it into my makeup routine on a more regular basis from now on.

Did anyone else participate in the Red Lipstick Dare?

Michelle xx

4 comments:

  1. aww nice! i dont wear red lipstick, would u believe?? not courageous enough yet and havent found a suitable shade yet. looks gorgeous on u though x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what? I bought my first red lipstick only about a year and a half ago as I was terrified of wearing it. I've really grown to love it now though.

      Delete
  2. Nice, really nice. I should try wearing red lipstick for a whole work week and see how it goes too.
    Barbara
    http://barbsiesmusings.blogspot.com/
    Lagos, Nigeria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why not? Give it a go. I certainly had a lot of fun with it.

      Delete

I would love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...