Tuesday, September 4, 2012

August Empties!

So, I've finally had the chance to collate all of my empties for the month of August and boy did I have a great month! Isn't it a little sad how satisfied we get from using things up?

Here is what I went through during the month of August:


1) Dove Sensitive Skin Body Wash - I was lucky enough to get this to trial from BeautyHeaven and I have to say that I loved it. It came at just the right time of year for me as I always have the worst dry skin during winter. The smell of this body wash is to die for!

2) L'Occitane Body Lotion with Olive Tree extracts - This was a lovely body lotion that made my skin feel super soft after use. The scent took a little getting used to for me though as it seemed a bit strong at first until I adjusted. I'd definitely buy this again if given the choice.

3) Yes To Cucumbers Daily Gel Cleanser - I quite liked this cleanser as it did the job without drying out my skin or causing any irritation. Would buy again if I could get myself to stick with one cleanser for a while.

4) Mirenesse Power Lift Multi Action Silk Cleanser - Meh, I didn't really find anything spectacular about this cleanser and it didn't seem to cleanse my face to the point that I like. I probably wouldn't ever buy this again.

5) Bioderma Crealine H2O - I received this in one of my monthly sample boxes and was very excited to try it as I'd heard such good things....but..... I just don't get the hype (Sorry!) It just didn't seem to feel like anything to me other than fancy water and I can't see the worth in paying so much for just fancy water. I hope I'm not shunned from the blogging community for saying these things.....


6) Bellamer Eye Balm - I loved applying this balm around my eyes at night and felt it made the skin in that sensitive area feel really hydrated and firmer. This sample pot lasted me forever and was one I got in a monthly box somewhere along the line.

7) Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm - This is technically a 'chuck out' rather than an empty. I just don't like this lip balm in pot form and don't enjoy using it. Also, during winter it seemed to go super hard due to the cold which made it practically impossible to use anyway!

8) Rich Skincare Deep Cleansing Milk - This was a cleansing milk that you are supposed to apply to a dry face and wipe off. I liked it but am not a fan of these types of cleansers as I'd rather use a regular cleanser in the shower.

9) U Little Beauty Top to Toe Body Lotion - I didn't like this lotion at all. I didn't make my skin feel moisturised one bit and I had to apply a second moisturiser after use to combat my dry itchy skin.

10) Evo The Therapist Calming Shampoo - This shampoo literally made my hair feel like straw. I absolutely love the Evo hair mask but unfortunately this shampoo just doesn't seem to agree with my hair. Also, these bottles are like a practical joke as far as being able to get the product out.

11) Calvin Klein Sheer Beauty Eau De Parfum - This was a nice and light scent but not one that I would opt to wear often.

12) Sheercover Nourishing Moisturiser - This was a great mosturiser and contains SPF 15 which is a nice bonus but the smell of it is hideous! It's like stale sunscreen. If the scent could be altered to be a bit more pleasant I would buy this again, but not the way that it is.

13) Royal Moroccan Shampoo, Conditioner & Hair Serum - This is lovely stuff that I really wished I'd received more of. The serum smells divine and the shampoo and conditioner made my hair feel nice and soft.

14)  Nature's Gate Conditioner - I got this sample sent after purchasing something many moons ago and completely forgot about it. It was an ok conditioner but nothing to write home about.

15) Fendi Fendi Eau De Parfum - I have to say that I wasn't a big fan of this scent. Unfortunately I can't say whether it's because the smell didn't appeal to me or because I was blinded by rage because of the stupid packaging. Seriously, who ever thought of putting a liquid perfume in a sachet? My hands literally got coated in this when I opened it and the perfume run out everywhere. Stupid, stupid, idea.....

Anyway, there you have it. I'm exhausted just from looking back at all these things!

Hope everyone is having a great week.

Michelle xx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Michelle,

    This was a really great, succinct post on all the products you've tried. It sort of makes me want to start using much larger dollops of all my products as well hahah just to accumulate as large an 'empties collection' haha. I actually find the Burt's Bees Replenishing lip balm with pomegranate oil really fantastic at keeping the lips moisturised.
    I was wondering if I could get a little help? I'm working on an 'out and about' smartphone app atm and a part of the app will feature bloggers and 5-10 recommendations in their field of expertise. In your case that could be places to buy the products you really like, or spas, hairdressers or places for a great make-over. I was wondering if you'd mind suggesting a few of your own? I will put a link back to your blog on the app. As it is we've already got over 3,000 people registered to download the app once it goes live - we're super excited! Michelle if you are interested in helping us out a little just pop on to here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dG93enNmdHRPOTVuUWVqOFJMUElibnc6MQ or email me on jenny@heylets.com xxx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...