Thursday, August 2, 2012

My Holiday Makeup Bag

Currently I am typing this while staring out of a wall of pure glass at Nobby's Beach Port Macquarie. My husband had to come up here for work and his boss was lovely enough to allow him to book a pet friendly holiday house so our little man and I could tag along and our dog too!

This is a small piece of the view we get to wake up to every morning (bliss):


One thing I am in love with about where we are staying is the amount of natural light we get in the house. Virtually two whole walls of the main room upstairs is made of windows which is something we lack terribly at home.

Anyway, back to what this post is supposed to be about. I thought I might share the makeup I decided to pack specifically for out trip. When I pack I like to pack light. I hate having bags and bags of clothes and toiletries so I like to make sure that everything I take is economical, easy and versatile.

Here is what I packed (keep in mind that this is makeup only, I have a separate toiletry bag for skincare and haircare as well):


Face:
* Napoleon Auto Pilot Primer - I brought a sample of this I received ages ago as I love this primer and sample sizes are the best for saving space.
* Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Foundation in Petal - Again I decided to bring this sample size rather than one of my full size foundations purely to save space. I thought this foundation was way too yellow for my skintone when I first used it but have realised that it's actually a really good match when blended in thoroughly.
* Napoleon The One Concealer - This was a recent acquisition for me which I am obsessed with. It's such a cute tiny pot that is awesome for taking away.
* Natio Mineral Pressed Powder in Medium Tan - I love this pressed powder and it has now taken over from my beloved Australis one. I never thought anything with the word 'tan' would be something that would suit my pale Irish skin but this shade seems to suit me perfectly.
* Napoleon Ultimate Contour Palette - This was also a recent acquisition of mine that I now can't live without. It's also such a good product to bring on holidays as it's three products in one small compact.

Eyes:
* Clinique All About Colour Palette - I love to bring palettes away with me as I hate sifting through my makeup bag trying to find single items. This one I especially love as it's got some beautiful nude shades as well as my favourite purples. It also includes a Cream Shaper for Eyes in Chocolate Lustre which is the only eyeliner I brought as it's a lovely dark brown that goes with virtually everything.
* Chi Chi Eye Palette in Fashion Victim - This palette contains a range of pink and grey shades so between these two palettes I can virtually create any look I want.
* Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Mascara - Another sample sized item purely to save space again.

Lips:
Ok, so here's where I do tend to go a bit crazy. I probably have a tendency to favour lip products over anything else so ended up bringing the following with me:
* Napoleon Lip Patrol in Private Kiss - This is a really pretty pinkish/nude that is so easy to wear with anything.
* Face of Australia Sheer Lip Gloss Crayons in Sundae, Macaron and Cupcake - These were a no brainer as they are so comfortable to wear for a sheer hint of colour.
* Clinique Long Last Glosswear in Sunset - This is a lovely golden nude gloss that goes over any lip product adding that extra bit of shine and 'oomph'.
* Revlon Lip Butter in Cherry Tart - I love that I can get a nice punch of colour with this lip butter without too much effort and my lips stay moisturised and soft as well.
* Nude by Nature Natural Mineral Lip Liner is Chique and Avon Ultra Luxury Lip Liner in Baby Pink -  A nude and pink liner are a must have that go with anything.

Body:
* Manicare Tweezers - You just never know when these might come in handy.
* Lola by Marc Jacobs fragrance sample - Yet again another sample as I'd rather not travel with my full size perfumes.
* Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme - A great compact product to care for dry cuticles.

So, that is everything I specifically packed for our time away. I didn't go overboard mainly because I still have to play mum every day to my 16 month old while hubby is at work, plus I also have another sneaky little stash in a small cosmetic bag that lives in my handbag that I carry with me on a daily basis as well if I do want something more.

Do you swear by sample or mini sizes for travelling like me or would you rather just go full-size?

Michelle xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...