Thursday, July 12, 2012

Simple Shopping Trip FOTD

So the other day we were going out for a bit of retail therapy (gotta love end of financial year bonus time at hubby's work!) and I decided to do a very simple look that would last the day without any fuss.

For some reason I seem to always gavitate to purple eyes as it's the one shade I can work with quickly without looking like a clown. Since buying my 120 colour pro palette a few weeks ago I vowed I'd try to get more creative with my eye looks but I haven't even broken the plastic off of it yet, eeek! To tell you the truth, I love colour on other people but I'm scared to death of trying it for myself. I will eventually though, I promise!

Anyway, here is the simple look I went for:

                     
Face:
Maybelline Fit Me Foundation in 115
Australis Paparazzi Perfect Blush in Poser

Eyes:
Clinique Colour Surge Eyeshadows in Plum and Lilac (the two purple shades on the right of the palette
B Collection by Bloom Shade & Line Eyeliner in St Mark's Square on the top and bottom lash line
Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Lash Extending Treatment Mascara in Black

Lips:
Revlon Colourburst Lip Gloss in Hot Pink



And that's it! I've been trying to minimise using powders and concealers too much lately due to my skin being a bit sensitive after I was sick with the flu for so long so a light foundation is all I've been putting on lately.

Do you have a certain shade or combo that is your 'safe' look like I do?

Michelle xx

2 comments:

  1. I love MAC and I often use MAC foundation with MAC Sheertone Blush in “Blushbaby” and MAC Cremestick Liner in “Caramellow” for everyday look.

    http://www.hairextensions-australia.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit I haven't tried anything from MAC before. It's not sold anywhere near where I live and I don't want to buy anything online without being able to play with it in person. I see it mentioned so often though so will have to try and get my hands on some one day.

      Delete

I would love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...