Sunday, July 22, 2012

Napoleon Perdis Haul and Happy Birthday to me!

Tomorrow is my birthday - Yay! So, as a little treat to myself I decided to attend a Napoleon Perdis backstage event at my local David Jones yesterday where I got a gorgeous makeup look done for my birthday dinner and ended up coming home with some things that I've been eyeing off for a long time.

I have to admit that prior to this the only NP product that I'd ever personally tried is the Auto Pilot primer so I really wanted to get a feel for the products at this event and get to know a bit more about NP makeup.

Here was my little haul:


1) Sheer Genius Foundation in Light Look 2 - This is such a lovely smooth foundation to apply and is easy to build coverage or wear sheer depending on what type of look you want.

2) The One Concealer - If anyone ever told me to try a concealer that is a peachy-pink tone I'd probably go 'thank you very much' and back away slowly. But, I've now been totally converted to thinking that this concealer is the best thing ever invented. When the makeup artist applied it and suddenly I looked like I actually got a peaceful sleep the night before and didn't in fact have a toddler making me an exhausted wreck I wanted to buy every tub of this they had in store!

3) The Ultimate Contour Palette - Oh boy! I have had a very unhealthy obsession with this palette for a very long time but just never bit the bullet and bought it. Yesterday I was in the 'hell, it's my birthday!' mentality so decided to get it. I am in love!


Then, as a little bonus there was the following gift-with-purchase which was also quite awesome in itself:


It contained the following items:
1) Skinny Latte Nail Polish
2) Colour Disc in Naturelle #55
3) Long Black Mascara in Double Black
4) Auto Pilot Skin Primer; and
5) Lip Patrol lipstick in Private Kiss

Plus, the cosmetic bag is so cute with three separate pockets on the front and one at the back. It will be great for taking on holidays.

All in all I loved my little makeover and the makeup artist was just lovely. I tried taking photos of the finished look but was having a bad camera day and just couldn't get the lighting right to really show everything off so ended up giving up.

I've got my eye on a few other items now for the next time I'm near the Napoleon Perdis counter, with the Pale Rider Eyebrow pencil and a Luminous Lip Veil in Coral Island on the top of my list.

I'd love to know what everyone's favourite Napoleon Perdis product is?

Michelle xx

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthdat Michelle! Hope you have a special day. I love NP Balck and Gold packaging!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Birthday not Birthdat.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the birthday wishes. Yes, the packaging is lovely!

      Delete

I would love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...