Monday, July 2, 2012

June Empties

So it's been so long since I did an empties post and I kind of missed keeping track of what I use up every month so am starting them again. I guess that's the OCD part of me rearing it's head.

Anyway, here's what I used up in June:


1) Dermalogica Age Smart Renewal Lip Complex - I wasn't impressed at all by this (hence the reason I never bothered reviewing it). I didn't notice any different in the texture or fine lines around my lips and actually think it irritated me more than anything if I wore it a few days in a row.

2) Burt's Bees Soap Bark & Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream - Not a big fan of this either. It had a cooling sensation on the skin which I just found uncomfortable in winter and it seemed to burn a little around the edges of my nose . My skin also never really felt clean after using this either.

3) Avene Ystheal Emulsion - This was a sample and didn't make enough of an impression for me to want the full size product. It had a weird yellow tinge to it that I could see on my skin which I didn't like at all.

4) Be in Awe Shaanta Night Balm - This cream smells like cough syrup which I found just odd when putting it on my face. It did make my skin nice and soft but was just so hard to get out of the container. My thumb is now able to break rocks from pumping the top on this thing.

5) Lancome Genifique Youth Activator - This is a lovely serum that makes my skin feel so smooth and my pores seem to just disappear after use. I just wish I could afford a full size tube of this!

6) Davroe Lemongrass Detangler - I absolutely loved this product and used it every time I washed my hair before trying to put a comb in it. It left my hair nice and soft and stopped a lot of frizz from happening. I've actually missed it since I finished it so will be looking into getting some more I think.

7) Dove Go Fresh Deodorant in Nectarine & White Ginger - I seem to use this deodorant religiously. I will try another in between and then always go back to this one. Unfortunately, this can is virtually full but the spray mechanism has seized for some reason and won't work so it has to be chucked, boo!

8) Clinique High Impact Mascara in Black - This is one of my most favourite mascaras and I have had so many of them over the years (I may have a bit of an obsession with getting Clinique gift-with-purchases and they always have one in there). My lashes always look so lush and long when I use this and it never clumps or smudges even after the longest or hottest day. I think the brush is awesome too.

9) Pure DKNY fragrance - I suck at describing fragrances so I won't even attempt to. I liked this enough to use up the sample but wouldn't buy it for myself. It just doesn't wow me enough.

10) OP Therapy Body Hydrator with Emu Oil - Oh boy, this has been a skin saviour for me since winter hit. It's such a lovely thick cream that makes my dry, itchy and eczema prone skin give a big sigh of relief when applied. It's supposed to be unscented but it still has a natural 'animal oil' kind of smell to it so isn't completely scent free. It just doesn't have any artificial scents added to it which I like. I will definitely be getting myself some more of this.

11)  Spa Fresh Blends Romantic Discovery Bathing Ritual - This was a gorgeous bath powder which had a lovely scent but I really disliked the 30,000 pieces of rose petal that was left behind in my bath each time I used it.

12) Emergin C Scientific Organics Phytocell Cream - I used this at night before going to bed and really liked it. There wasn't anything remarkably overwhelming about it but it was still a nice cream that left my skin feeling moisturised and soft at night.

13) Kerastase Resistance Ciment Thermique - I've had a few of these sachets to sample lately and I find it great to use when I straighten my hair but not for any other use. It's a bit too thick for my fine hair and weighed it down too much to use everyday.

So, that's what I managed to get through during June. It wasn't a huge month but good enough.

Michelle xx 

2 comments:

  1. I think you have very well for your empties! Using up samples is always good I think:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I tried to make a point of using up samples last month as I have a bad habit of letting them sit around unused for ages.

      Delete

I would love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...