Friday, June 15, 2012

Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Hot Pink

Ok, so after deciding to participate in the 30 Days of Lippy challenge it became very apparent to me that I was lacking in one area as far as lipsticks go and that is the area of the colour Hot Pink.

I have a zillion pink lipsticks of all shades but nothing that could be classed as hot pink. Therefore, when I was out the other day and came across this Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss which was called none other than 'Hot Pink' I couldn't resist buying it.


I've never used a Revlon lip gloss before and I soon discovered that they are a really lovely gloss. It comes with the usual doe foot applicator and goes on with a nice and smooth consistency without being too sticky or runny. It seems to give really good coverage as well which I love in a gloss and it also tends to stay on for a good couple of hours without needing to be reapplied.

Now, I know that I could have gone a lot further as far as the Hot Pink scale goes, but I didn't want to go too crazy when it's a colour I'm not really familiar with and wasn't sure whether I would get much use out of. This gloss is a nice way for me to dip my toe gently into brighter pink shades without being too scary to start off with.

Also, considering I am no longer in my 20's anymore, I feel that a colour that is any brighter than this might look a bit ridiculous on me (the whole mutton dressed up as lamb saying keeps coming to my mind.....)

Has anyone tried any other colours in these lip glosses that I should check out?

Michelle xx

4 comments:

  1. so pretty..new follower here doll xx
    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love that colour! I haven't tried Revlon lip glosses before so it is great to see a good review on it. I just might need to add this to my collection :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think it's a really pretty colour and I usually steer clear of anything that is this bright. I've since read a review on the red one of these glosses and it looks gorgeous too!

      Delete

I would love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...