Thursday, December 22, 2011

December GlossyBox - Focus on Haircare


There is only one word that I can use to describe the December Glossybox - Underwhelming.

I have had this box for about three days now and was thinking of not even bothering to post about it due to being so unimpressed but for consistency sake I decided I might as well.

This is what I got in the December box:

1) Tigi Haircare - Bed Head Manipulator (Full size 57ml, RRP $23.95) - I can see that a lot of people would be extremely happy with this product but I have very fine naturally curly hair and products like these are useless to me. I would have no idea what to do with this with my type of hair. Oh well, it will be good for my husband to use in place of his regular gel.

2) Gorgeous Cosmetics - Lip Pencil in Premiere (Full size, RRP $25.00) - This was probably the best product in the box this month as far as I am concerned. It's a nice soft lip pencil in a reddish brown. The actual colour is a little dark for me but it should work well with a lighter lip colour over the top to tone it down a little.

3) Clinique - Turnaround Overnight Radiance Moisturiser (7ml sample, RRP $90.00 for 50ml) - I really like Clinique products so will be happy with using this. I already have a few mini Clinique samples like this though from gift with purchases I've done previously but I guess you can never have enough moisturiser.

4) John Frieda - Frizz Ease Secret Weapon Flawless Finishing Creme (30ml, RRP $16.99 for 113ml) - This product claims to tame frizz and smooth frayed ends. This is actually a product suited to my hair type so it will be interesting to try it out.

5) John Frieda - Frizz Ease Dream Curls Curl Perfecting Spray (30ml, RRP $16.99 for 200ml) - This claims to activate and define silky curls. Again, this was obviously matched to my hair type so will be interested to try.

As you can see the products themselves are all good and I will get good use out of all of them except the Bead Head Manipulator.

My issue is that I subscribed to these boxes mainly to try out different makeup and skin care products so hair care is not something that really interests me. As I said before, I have very fine, curly hair and most hair care products are just too heavy for me and usually cause my curls to just flop and go listless. They seem to do much better if I just leave them product free so long as I use a good conditioner.

Who knows, maybe something like this is what I need to get my hair mojo back? Maybe I'm just too picky and need to keep remembering that I am only paying $14.95 per box and am obviously getting way more value than that even if some of the items aren't really something I'd normally spend money on?

Oh yeah, there was also a voucher to receive a consultation from Clinique in any Myer or David Jones store plus a 7 day supply of foundation. Hopefully I'll remember to use this as I'm terrible with things like this and always either lose them or let them expire.

There was also a candy cane, although mine was broken :-(

What does everyone else think of these boxes so far? Does anyone have a favourite one over all the others or do you just think they are a bit of a waste?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...