Sunday, October 2, 2011

I Just Love A Gift With Purchase!

Well I decided to browse through my local David Jones today in the hunt for a nice perfume for my mum for her birthday next week and I was very excited to see that it's Gift With Purchase time again for most of the cosmetic brands.
Poor hubby let out a huge moan once this discovery was made as he knew he was about to be dragged from counted to counter so I could compare every one and decide which gift took my fancy.
I ended up taking a liking to the Clinique one this time and thought that I nice bottle of their Aromatics Elixir would be a great gift for mum (and would therefore mean a great gift with purchase for me, hehehe).
This is what I got:


* Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser - 50ml
* Dramatically Different Mousturising Lotion - 30ml
* Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief - 15ml
* All About Eyes - 5ml
* Blushing Blush Powder Blush in Smoldering Plum
* High Impact Mascara in Black
* High Impact Lip Colour SPF 15 in Peach Pop
* Turnaround Body Smoothing Cream - 50ml
* Silver cosmetics bag

I've always wanted to try the Dramatically Different Moisturiser as I've heard many good things about it and I previously purchased one of their lip colours a while ago that I fell in love with so was very excited to get another one in this gift. This lip colour is a nice sheer peachy red which isn't too bright to wear on a daily basis - see below:


The blush is a nice sheer plum colour which is a bit different to the pink blush colours I normally go for so I'm interested to start experimenting with it and see what other colours look best while wearing it:

I must say that I really wish cosmetics companies would stop giving a cosmetics bag away every time they have a gift with purchase. I seriously have so many of them and they are always that bit too big to be practical for putting in your handbag to keep makeup in for touch ups during the day. It would be nicer if they gave away another small product or a scarf, or just something different. Seriously, how many cosmetics bags do they thing people need??

Anyway, that my little splurge for today. And the best thing is that both me and my mum come out of it a winner. Yay! (But we don't need to tell her that :-))

1 comment:

  1. Great choice! Aromatics Elixir is the only perfume my mum wears. I use Dramatically Different Moisturiser Lotion during winter and the gel during summer if I'm not experimenting with other moisturisers. ^^

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...